Georgia’s Ilia State University, situated in Tbilisi, was formed by the amalgamation of six independent academic and research institutes. It was established in 2006 and was Georgia’s first institution of higher learning to adopt liberal education ideals. The university is divided into four schools:
- The school of arts and sciences
- The school of law
- The school of business
- The school of engineering and natural sciences
Undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate programs are all offered by each institution. The college provides about 50 bachelor’s and 50 master’s degree programs. The institution also oversees 25 laboratories, research centers, and institutes nationwide.
The university has developed connections with universities worldwide, such as Columbia University, Kansas State University, University of Austria, University of Siena, and the University of Fribourg. It is also a member of various organizations and networks, such as the Black Sea Universities Network, the European University Association, and the European Cooperation in Science and Technology.
Why Study MBBS at Ilia State University?
All students, particularly those from abroad, can receive unrestricted advantages by choosing Ilia State University for their MBBS studies. Nearly 5,000 students who desire to further their medical education are annually admitted to the university. The administration at the university makes a more significant effort to suit the students’ expanding needs and provides all medical study students with outstanding educational opportunities.
Key Highlights of the University
- Practice-based curriculum for medical courses
- The curriculum for the MBBS is recognized internationally.
- Issued medical credentials that are accepted internationally
- Comparably affordable tuition for the MBBS program
- Safe and healthy campus for medical studies
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Program in Ilia State University Georgia (ISU)
Candidates who are applying for an MBBS degree must adhere to the requirements listed below:
- A candidate must have earned an average of 85% on their Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) 10+2 exam.
- A candidate needs an overall IELTS band score of 6 to 7.5. – A TOEFL (IBT) score of 79 to 90 is required. – A TOEFL (PBT) score of 577 to 600 is required. A Duolingo score of 115 to 120 is required. – A PTE score of 65 to 75 is recommended.
Entry Requirements in Ilia State University Georgia (ISU)
- High school certificate
- English language certificate (equivalent to B2 level)
- Entrance exam in Chemistry or Biology
- A copy of your passport
- A recent passport-size photograph
- 10th-grade certificate and transcript
- 12th-grade certificate and transcript
- Transcript of Records and Diploma of Bachelor’s Degree (for Master’s Degree applicants)
- Letter of Motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- English proficiency certificate (if available) Documents must be presented in English or Georgian.
- Transfer certificate
- All academic transcripts
- Verification of language test scores
- Health and travel insurance
- Student visa
- Birth certificate
- NOC and Sponsor letter
- Evidence of your financial status
Significant Advantages for MBBS Students at Ilia State University
- Learning centered on the needs of the students -The teachers and students get along well. Teachers put in more effort to support kids in achieving success in the future. All medical students are driven to advance their careers.
- Practical knowledge – The University has worked with worldwide organizations, both public and private, as well as governmental entities to improve job options for MBBS study students. Along with theoretical understanding, students are given enough practical instruction.
- Supportive setting – An environment that resembles home Students from several nations apply to the university. So the administration makes a lot of effort to foster friendly relationships among pupils. The learning environment is exciting because of the numerous international events planned throughout the year.
- Less expensive tuition – Ilia State University (ISU) provides the most excellent medical education possible to all students at the most affordable cost. There, students can learn in a friendly environment without having to break the bank.
- Globally recognized curriculum and degree – The program and degree offered by Ilia State University are acknowledged on a global scale. Graduates of MBBS programs can find jobs in private and public institutions, where they will receive good pay and benefits.
The University Accreditation and Recognition
The National Center for Educational Quality Enhancement has accredited Georgia’s Ilia State University. Affiliations and memberships at the university include:
- Black Sea Universities Network
- Compostela Group of Universities
- EUA Council for Doctoral Education
- European Science Events Association
- European University Association
- International Association for Medical Education
- International Association of Universities
- International Step by Step Association
- Magna Charta Universitatum Observatory
- Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration
- Science on Stage Europe
- Scientific Committee on Solar-Terrestrial Physics (SCOSTEP)
- Association of Faculties and Establishments of French-Speaking Letters and Human Sciences (AFELSH)
Ilia State University has a national ranking of 2nd position and a global ranking of 1549, respectively, as per the CWUR (Center for World University Rankings). Ilia State University is a popular choice for both domestic and international students interested in pursuing medical studies because of its ranking.